Acceptance of these Terms
When we refer to user, your and you, we mean users of our services, programs, websites and digital platforms managed and operated by us or on our behalf (our Services).
The following terms (Terms) define the relationship between us and the users of our Services:
- these Terms of Service; and
- any Service-Specific Terms.
It is important that you read and understand these Terms. We will only provide access to our Services if you agree to, and then continue to comply with, these Terms. By using our Services, you are agreeing to these Terms.
You must be at least 21 years old to use our Services.
If you are under 21 years of age, you may only use our Services with the express permission of your parent or legal guardian.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and you permit your child to use our Services, then these Terms apply to you and you are responsible for your child’s activity at all times when using our Services.
Using our services on behalf of an organisation
We provide Services to many organisations, such as government entities, private business, charities, non-profits and schools. When using our Services on behalf of an organisation, you must ensure that you are an authorised representative of that organisation and can bind the organisation to these Terms.
- include Content that we own and make available to you;
- may give you the opportunity to upload, submit, store, send, receive or share your Content with us and other users; and
- may give you access to Content belonging to a third party individual or organisation.
In these Terms:
- when we refer to Content, we mean text, documents, statements, posts, photographs, videos, drawings, files, website addresses (URLs), questions, answers, contact details, and any and all other information and materials of any nature whatsoever in any form or format; and
- when we refer to Intellectual Property Rights, wemean any and all current and/or future intellectual property rights, including all forms of copyright and authors rights (including any and all rights that may be considered financial rights provided under United Arab Emirates Federal Law No. 7 of 2002), computer and software code, scripts, patents, design elements, graphics, logos, interactive features, artwork, text communication, brand names, trademarks, service marks, rights in trade dress or get-up, goodwill, domain names, URLs, know-how, trade secret, rights to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights and moral rights.
Our Content and third party Content
The Content we make available to users in relation to our Services is intended for information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Our Services may include Content belonging to third parties or links of, or from, third parties and external websites or other digital platforms. We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy, reliability or appropriateness of any opinion, statement, information or material of any external website or other digital platform or of any Content belonging to a third party that is uploaded to, linked to or posted to the websites or other digital platforms made available by us to users in relation to our Services.
You acknowledge that by using our Services you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate or unreliable and in this respect your use of our Services and your reliance on the Content is entirely at your own risk.
We are not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user of our Services and we assume no responsibility or liability for any lack of disclosure of data, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, libel, omissions, opinions, representations or anything else contained in any Content.
We will not have any responsibility or liability for any on-boarding process for our Services or for information that you make available to us or other users or a third party during your use of our Services.
We reserve the right, but disclaim any obligation, to monitor Content made available by users of our Services to other users or third parties or to take any action to restrict any access to material displayed or distributed through our Services that violates these Terms.
We may update or alter any Content used to provide our Services at any time. The Content we use in providing our Services may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it or any part of it. We do not in any way guarantee that the Content used to provide our Services will be up to date, free from any errors, inaccuracies or omissions or be fit for any purpose
Please note, if you access, or are transferred to, any other digital platforms when using our Services, other digital platforms are likely to have separate service/use and privacy terms which you may need to abide by and accept before obtaining access.
We are not responsible or liable for its Content and make no representations about (or in any way endorse) any material or services available at or from such digital platforms (including login or registration access).
Such link or connection (including plug-ins or like applications) or access to such third party digital platforms does not imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by us of any third party or any other digital platform.
We do not in any way guarantee that such links or connections (including plug-ins or like applications) or third party digital platforms will be up to date, free from any errors, inaccuracies or omissions or be fit for any purpose.
Notification of Objectionable Content and Take Down
If you wish to object to any Content that can be accessed when using our Services, please contact us via our Contact Us page. In doing so, you should: (i) clearly identify the Content objected to; (ii) explain the basis for your objection; (iii) describe the action you request we take in relation to such Content; and (iv) provide your full contact details to enable us to contact you and to act appropriately upon any such objection.
We will in all reasonable cases attempt to investigate objections and, where appropriate, remove the relevant Content.
As explained in these Terms, we are not in any way liable for any third party service providers and the Content they make available to you.
Intellectual Property Rights
We own or are the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in our Services, including in the digital platforms which we provide access to and the Content which we make available to you, all of which are protected by the United Arab Emirates and international copyright, trade mark and/or patent laws and treaties. All such rights are reserved. All trade marks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by us. You are not permitted to make any use of any of our trade marks, services marks or trade names.
You may not, except with our express written permission, copy, reproduce translate, distribute or commercially exploit any of our Services, including our Content.
Enforcement and protection of Intellectual Property Rights
If we discover that you have used any part of our Services or our Content or Content of any third party in contravention of these Terms or otherwise infringed our Intellectual Property Rights, we and any of our affiliates may, to the fullest extent permitted by law, bring legal proceedings against you, seek monetary damages and an injunction, or any other remedies available to us. You could also be ordered to pay legal fees and costs.
If you become aware of any use of our Services or Content that contravenes or may contravene these Terms, you agree to immediately report this to us via our Reach Us page.
In consideration of you agreeing to abide by these Terms, we hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right and licence to: (i) access and use our Services and Content in accordance with these Terms; and (ii) print Content from our digital platforms for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must not modify any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You acknowledge and agree that the rights to access and use our Services are licensed to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, our Services other than the right to access and use our Services in accordance with these Terms. You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to access any software, that we use to provide our Services, in source-code form. We do not grant to you any other rights whatsoever in relation to our Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by us.
You acknowledge and agree that, in respect of any Content made available to you directly by a third party when using our Services, unless such Content is generally made available to all users of our Services by such third party we may not hold the necessary rights to allow you to use such Content and it remains your responsibility obtain all necessary rights and licences before using such Content.
You shall not gain or attempt to gain any access to any aspect of our Services or any Content which you are not authorised to access under these Terms or as otherwise specified by us.
You may use our Services and our Content subject always to these Terms. You agree in relation to our Services and the Content (and for each of them):
- not to copy them, except where such copying is incidental to normal use, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to rent, lease, sub-licence, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify them;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of them, or permit them or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to alter, destroy, obscure, or otherwise remove any copyright or proprietary notices or labels contained within them;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer, or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of them or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of them or attempt to do any such thing;
- not to provide or otherwise make them available in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not to use them in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into any of them or any operating system;
- not to infringe our Intellectual Property Rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of them (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these Terms);
- not provide or publish any Content or information that:
- infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of DFD or any third party;
- defames others, is obscene, abusive, discriminatory, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; and/or
- promotes or incites violence or illegal activities;
- not to collect or harvest any information or data from them or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running them; and
- not to use any automated data collection methods, data mining, robots, or scraping or any data gathering methods of any kind in relation to, or in connection with, them.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
You agree not to in any way make use of our Services and/or any of the Content in any unauthorised manner or in violation of any local, federal or international law or regulation.
We reserve the right to revoke or restrict your access to our Services at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
You may link to our Services, provided you do so in a way that is fair, lawful, and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. We reserve the right to withdraw this permission at any time. Unless expressly agreed in writing, you may not establish a link to our Services or Content in such a way to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part.